GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.go-prosports.com (“Site”) is a website operated by Go-Pro Sports Academy LLC. We are a Limited Liability Company registered in Dubai, UAE under company number 755278 and with our registered office at Spider Business, Conrad Hotel, 19th floor, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE.
By booking a training session with us, you confirm that:
(a) You are legally capable of entering into an agreement; or
(b) You are at least 18 years old; or
(c) A parent or guardian has entered into the agreement on your behalf.
- When you book training sessions with us an agreement will be formed when we accept your registration.
- Please note that places on all sessions are subject to availability.
- Your preferred session and/or group may not be available in which case you will be notified of an alternative session(s) if available. No payment will be taken for a booking until such time as we accept your registration.
- Once registration has been entered into our system and confirmation has been received full payment will be due.
REGISTRATION: GO-PRO SPORTS ACTIVITY PARTICIPATION FORM
- All players MUST complete a Go-Pro Sport’s Activity Participation & Medical Release Form.
- This Participation and Medical Release form is specified for the Academy times of each session the child is registered in, and valid for the entire season.
- This form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- One passport photograph: this can be sent electronically or handed over at registration- please ensure students name is written clearly on back)
- Copy of passport information page: This information is utilized for tournament and league verifications and can be sent electronically or handed over at registration
- All documentation will be maintained securely on Go-Pro Sports file throughout the season.
- Go-Pro Sports Academy will from time to time utilise training and match footage in the form of video and photographs on our website, marketing collateral and/or social media streams. By signing the Activity Participation & Medical Release Form you are agreeing that your child can appear on these outlets in relation to the Go-Pro Sports Academy only.
MEDICAL RELEASE FORM
- By signing Go-Pro Academy Medical Release Form you are:
- Confirming you are aware of the nature and scope of the activities operated by Go-Pro Sports Academy LLC.
- Authorising participation for your child to take part in the coaching sessions and fully understand that normal safety procedures will be implemented during the sessions.
- Certifying that your child is medically and physically capable of participation in such football activities.
- Confirming your child has medical insurance which can be used for any medical emergency arising in the event of injury or illness to the child.
- Consenting to the administration of such first aid measures, as may be determined necessary by the first aider accompanying and/or referral to physician and admission to hospitals.
- Consenting to emergency medical treatment for your child if determined necessary, including but not limited to anaesthesia, infection, surgery, x-ray and medication, if you cannot be contacted immediately for consent.
- Confirming that any special medical conditions which may be important for the child have been noted these are including but not limited to: Allergies, fainting, convulsions, special medications, asthma, diabetes, bleeding, heart problems, back problems, and if other please specify.
- Acknowledging that the venue will not be liable for any injury which may be occur on the school facilities.
- By signing Go-Pro Academy Medical Release Form you are:
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- All payments must be finalised within 2 weeks of the booked sessions commencing, failure to do so will result in access to training session’s being denied.
- A late payment fee of 10% will be charged for all payments made after the above 2 week period.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect sessions for which you have already paid.
- It is always possible that, despite best efforts, some of the session prices may be incorrectly quoted.
- Where a session’s correct price is less than the stated price you will be charged the lower amount.
- If a session’s correct price is higher than the price published, we reserves the right to charge the correct price and notify you of this.
- Go-Pro Sports is no obligation to provide sessions to you at the incorrect (lower) price, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised as a mis-pricing.
- Payment for sessions can be made in cash, by cheque and will be payable on the same day we confirm your booking.
- We at Go-Pro Sports treat as a priority the safety and wellbeing of all children attending Go-Pro Sports Academy. We reserve the right to remove from any session any person who is found to be engaged in offensive activity, the bullying of others, disruptive behaviour or for any other reason where we considers a person’s behaviour is detrimental to the interests or safety of the persons attending a session. In the event of your removal from a Session for any of these reasons no refund of any fees paid by you shall be made.
- With so many students involved in the sessions at our Academy we acknowledge it is our responsibility to have clear safeguarding policies that are accessible to, and adopted by everyone in our football community. We are proud of our achievements in protecting young players and turning ‘best practice’ into everyday practice.
- Our Key principles
- The child’s welfare is, and must always be, the paramount consideration
- All children and young people have a right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, culture, language, racial origin, religious beliefs or sexual orientation
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
- Working in partnership with other organisations, children and young people and their parents and carers is essential
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS POLICY
- Go-Pro Sports reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a session at any time by sending you a notice to that effect. In circumstances where such cancellation or rescheduling takes place less than 24 hours before the scheduled date then we will contact you by email and or notifications on social media and through our website go-prosports.com .
- Go-Pro Sports is happy to offer catch up or a carry-over session in the event of us cancelling a session within the same term.
- Go-Pro Sports Academy LLC, its staff, associated sponsors, and/or venues is not liable to any action or claim due to injury incurred by the participant named above whilst attending this program.
- You shall be liable for the cost of any damage to our property or leased venue facilities caused by you or by persons under your control.
TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise re-assign booked sessions, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without the prior written consent of Go-Pro Sports Academy.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR OR OUR OPERATORS’ CONTROL
- Go-Pro Sports will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any obligations under an agreement that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
(a) Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
(b) Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
(c) Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
(d) Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
(e) Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
(f) The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Performance under any agreement is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which the obligations under the agreement may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you by notice in writing.
If any of these terms or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These terms and conditions, the Activity Participation & Medical Release Form and/or any other document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any, and will supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
The Go-Pro Sports Academy Code of Conduct is important for young players, their parents and the staff at Go-Pro Sports Academy. It contains guidelines and rules that:
- Outline expectations
- Ensure safety and fairness
- Reduce conflict
- Ensure high standards of discipline
It is a form of contract with expectations and responsibilities for all those involved and should be read in conjunction with the child protection document. We hope to create a positive professional environment that will allow each player to maximize their potential as a footballer and develop into a responsible adult. Every member of Go-Pro Sports should aspire to levels of excellence, both in and away from training.
Go-Pro Sports agrees to provide:
- A safe environment in which players can learn and develop without fear of abuse.
- Sports injury monitoring, advice and support.
- A training and development programme appropriate to the needs and ability to each individual.
- An assessment, player profiling and feedback programme that will provide each individual with the opportunity to reach their maximum potential.
- An environment that will not tolerate any form of racial discrimination.
- An environment that ensures players are treated equally and with the same respect, regardless of their ability.
- Guidelines to the student and parent/guardians on the best ways for them to contribute to the player’s football and personal development.
- Educational support (in conjunction schools) to ensure the continued academic and personal development of the student.
- To adhere to the rules and UAE law governing the operation of Go-Pro Sports Academy LLC.
A Go-Pro player agrees to:
- Attend the Go Pro Sports training sessions that they have registered for regularly and punctually.
- Provide notice and reasons for any absences/lateness to the academy staff as soon as appropriately possible.
- Immediately report any injury to the academy staff and remain under the care of a physiotherapist/GP until permission is given to resume training/playing.
- Be responsible for their own behaviour at all times, with self-discipline, on and off the pitch.
- Practice with enthusiasm the techniques and skills taught by Go-Pro Sports, make them an important part of a daily programme and attempt to apply them in matches.
- Listen carefully to the information given to you by your coach.
- Attend training/matches in the correct Go-Pro Sports kit, socks up and shin pads on.
- Inform your Go-Pro coach prior to participating in any match outside normal school/coaching hours. If you are in the elite academy, as these games should take priority.
- Be sporting and competitive in all games and treat team-mates, opposition, officials, coaches and parents with respect.
- Follow a lifestyle appropriate to a professional athlete with good eating and drinking habits. Sleeping sensibly and staying hydrated is also an important part of your development (ideally recommended times before 9:30pm for junior pupils and before 10:30pm for secondary pupils).
- Discuss any problems with parents initially. They may then recommend for you to speak to a member of the Go-Pro Sports coaching staff or your school PE teacher/tutor.
DASSA Code of Conduct for pupils:
- PERFORM to the best of their ability at all times.
- ACCEPT without question the decisions of umpires and officials. (Never question/Do not argue with match officials and/or the coach)
- RESPECT all participants in the game and treat them courteously. This includes fellow team members, opponents, umpires, spectators and officials.
- RECOGNISE and applaud positive contributions and good play made by team-mates and opposition.
- PARTICIPATE by the competition rules and regulations.
- NEVER take the law into your own hands
- CO-OPERATE with coach, team-mates, opponents and officials.
- SHAKE HANDS and give three cheers for the other teams and the umpires at the completion of all matches.
- THANK officials and opponents after the competition.
- BE GRACIOUS in victory and defeat. Be a good sport-win with modesty, lose with dignity.
- INFORM the coach of any injury as soon as possible or any other reason why you cannot attend a session / game. If watching a game, or whilst being a reserve, only make positive comments from the side-line. If you have any issues regarding opposition players or spectators these should be directed to your coach
PARENT/ GUARDIANS/ SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT
Football is a global game which ignites passion in all. We should always remember that our attitude is contagious. The referees, the players, the coaches and the fans should come together to enjoy the sport. The other team is our opponent but not our enemy and thus should be treated with respect. Whilst winning is important, we recognize that playing well and fairly is the essence of the game.
We will set a good example to your child in his/her soccer development and ask you to do the same by adhering to the following at all times:
Go-Pro Parents/Guardians/Spectators agree to:
- Encourage and help the player meet targets in his practicing, playing and schoolwork.
- Positively support the player without pressure and praise their achievements.
- Support the work of the coaching staff at Go-Pro Sports.
- Set a good example to the player at all times.
- Seek advice from the player’s coach/tutor when needed.
- Communicate effectively with Go-Pro Sports, keeping them informed about all matters affecting the player.
- We fully encourage your support on match days, however, please refrain from talking directly to the players during pre-match training and matches and stay in the spectators designated area.
- Inform from Go-Pro Sports prior to participating in any match outside normal school/coaching hours. If the player is in the elite academy, these games should take priority and should not exceed 30 games per term*.
- Respect the opportunity given to the player and the work of the Go-Pro coaching staff and please inform Go-Pro Sports if the player approaches, or is approached by any other training academy/football club during the period of their registration. *Exceptions allowed under the FIFA Rules and Regulations governing Football Academy’s.
DASSA CODE OF CONDUCT PARENTS / GUARDIANS/ SPECTATORS
- SHOW appreciation for a good performance by any athlete or team member in an appropriate and encouraging manner.
- RESPECT all participants in the sport competition and treat them courteously. This includes fellow spectators, athletes, umpires, coaches, staff and officials.
- ACCEPT without question the decisions of umpires and coaches.
- LEARN THE RULES / LAWS and regulations of the sport to gain a better understanding of what you are looking at and commenting on.
- RESPECT and adhere to the rules and regulations.
- DO NOT use inappropriate language or harass, physically or verbally, players, managers, coaches, referees, officials or spectators. Children learn best by following a good example.
- ALL COMMENTS from the sideline should be unbiased and positive.
- CONDEMN the use of violence, profane language and any form of abuse.
- OBSERVE the highest standard of sportsmanship and conduct at all times.
- BE SUPPORTIVE of your child and the team he is involved in.
- PRAISE your child’s efforts whether they win or lose.
- Any INAPPROPRIATE behaviour reflects badly on your child, the team and is likely to tarnish the schools reputation.
- RESPECT the traditions and rules of the schools and sporting venues which they visit and act accordingly
- WE VALUE YOUR SUPPORT and look forward to seeing you on the sidelines.